United States (Remote)
Posted 1 month ago
The Salesforce Senior Engineer works closely with Salesforce Solution and Technical Architects, Enterprise Architects, functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts in developing solutions and support Salesforce Platform health. The Salesforce Senior Engineer supports and/or leads technical design, implementations, systems integrations, data management and platform administration leveraging best practices.
- Collaborate with technical staff, management, and business operations staff throughout all phases of the software development life cycle to deliver working solutions to complex business problems according to agreed upon timelines and budgets to support the mission, vision, and values.
- Partner with Salesforce and Enterprise architecture teams to define, document, communicate, maintain, and handle architecture models, frameworks and artifacts (e.g. current and future state application architecture diagrams, data models, etc.).
- Investigate operational requirements, problems, and opportunities for multi-functional initiatives, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Support requirements definition, prototyping, detailed design, coding, testing, deployment, and support of the day-to-day operation of production systems and new Salesforce implementations.
- Evaluate and undertake impact analysis on major design options and assess associated risks.
- Ensure that the system designs balance function, service quality, security, and system management requirements.
- Contribute to solution prioritizing and effort sizing with the multi-functional team.
- Understand corporate data requirements, and apply data analysis, data modeling and quality assurance techniques, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components in and across business areas/ applications of expertise consistent with Salesforce Data Model.
- Support planning and design of Salesforce platform, including installation and upgrades, tuning, structure, monitoring, documentation, 24×7 operational support, process maintenance, change and incident management, and security/data protection.
- Provide first-level production support, and triage for advanced production support, as appropriate.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and Product Owners to understand pain points, process gaps, and opportunities for optimization.
- Participate In seasonal release impact and opportunity assessments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
- Salesforce Platform and OmniStudio Development certifications preferred, Salesforce Architecture path certifications a plus!
- Demonstrable knowledge of Health Cloud, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Experience Cloud
- Experience with Copado; Copado certifications preferred
- 3-5 years of Salesforce platform design and development experience
- 3+ years familiarity with agile principles (Scaled Agile preferred) or experience working on scrum teams
- Experience with Lightning Reports and Dashboards creation, Process Automation, Security configuration, Data Model creation, Force.com Sites and Single-Sign-On
- Understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the Salesforce.com CRM application coupled with good understanding of standard business processes (Sales, Marketing, Operations, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Experience working in iterative projects, and with deployment strategies/processes (staging environment vs. production)
- Strong understanding of Agile based development practices and Sprint planning strategies
- Experience soliciting, gathering, and analyzing user input and requirements
- Experience documenting user stories and creating to-be process flow diagrams
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders
- Experience writing detailed documentation of business processes and procedures
- Proven ability leveraging analytical and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment
- Strong presentation, communication (written and verbal) skills, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks within a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Possess drive and desire to learn and grow both technical and functional skill sets